Terms and conditions of conzerol.co.uk online store
I. General provisions
1. These terms and conditions specify the rules for the use of the online store available at conzerol.co.uk These terms and conditions are as specified in Article 8 of the Act on Provision of Services by Electronic Means.
2. The online store conzerol.co.uk is owned and operated by Discovery Pharma Sp. z o.o., Warsaw, ul. Tamka 16, 00-349, Warsaw, NIP (tax identification number): 5252642901, REGON (Business Id. No.): 363417167, KRS (National Court Register number): 0000595033
3. Discovery Pharma Sp. z o.o. is the sole importer of products manufactured by the American company Discovery Pharma LLC, 3875 Saint Johns Parkway Sanford, FL 32771, US, for the territory of the European Union. Discovery Pharma Sp. z o.o. is sole producer of some products manufactured under the brand name Conzerol. All the products offered by Discovery Pharma are notified as cosmetic products with relevant UE authorities.
3. These terms and conditions define in particular:
– purchasing terms and conditions by means of electronic communication in the online store
– rules for concluding sales contracts by means of the services provided by the store.
– Customers can access these terms and conditions by clicking the link located on the home page of the store.
– the information included on the store’s website is solely an invitation to conclude the contract as defined by Art 71 of the Civil Code.
1. The customers is obliged in particular:
– not to produce and provide content prohibited by law, e.g. content that promotes violent, is defamatory or infringes personal and other rights of third parties.
– to use the online store in a way that does not disrupt its operation, in particular by using specific software or devices,
– to refrain from actions such as sending or posting unsolicited commercial communication (spam) within the online store,
– to use the online store without major inconvenience to other customers and Discovery Pharma Sp. z.o.o.
– to use any of the content available in the online store only for their own personal use,
– to use the online store, abiding the regulations applicable in the Republic of Poland, the provisions set herein, as well as the general principles of Internet use.
III. Conclusion of the sales contract
1. To conclude a sale contract, the customer must go to conzerol.co.uk, select products and add them to their shopping cart.
2. After the customer enters all the necessary data, the system displays the details of the placed order, including:
– a list of the ordered products,
– price of the ordered products, including the cost of delivery and additional costs (if any),
– chosen method of payment
– chosen delivery method,
3. The order may be processed only when the customer provides their personal data, which is necessary for shipment purposes.
IV. Delivery of goods
1. The ordered goods are delivered at the address indicated by the customer when placing the order.
2. On the territory of the Republic of Poland and other EU member countries, the goods are delivered by the Polish Post or courier companies.
V. Price and payment options
1. Prices of products are displayed in GBP and include charges such as VAT. Duty may apply.
2. The customer is provided with an option to pay for the order via the international PayPal payment system.
VI. Right of withdrawal
1. The customer has the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period expires after 14 days from the date the customer received the delivery. To exercise the right of withdrawal, the customer must inform the store about their decision to withdraw from the contract by means of an unequivocal statement (a letter sent by mail, fax or e-mail).
2. In the case of withdrawal from this contract, the store issues a refund of the received payment, excluding the cost of delivery if the customer selected a paid delivery option. The store will make a refund to the customer within 14 days after receiving the note of withdrawal. The refund will be issued using the same method of payment as the original payment. The store reserves the right to withhold the refund until the product has been returned or until the customer provides a proof it has been sent back.
VII. The money back guarantee if the customer is not satisfied with the product
1. Taking into account high customer satisfaction rate with the offered products, the seller provides its customers with the right to return the goods within 60 days from the date of placing the order, in case they are not satisfied with the products. For the guarantee to be valid, the customer must notify the store by mail and describe briefly the reason for dissatisfaction with the purchased product. Customer is required to send via e-mail a photo of used products.
Should the customer demand reimbursement of costs due to dissatisfaction with the product, the store will issue a refund of the received payment, excluding the cost of delivery if the customer selected a paid delivery option. The store will issue the refund within 14 days after being notified by the customer that they are dissatisfied with the product. The refund will be issued using the same method of payment as the original payment. Refund fee up to 3% (depending on method of original payment) may aply. Customer must send us a photo of used product a a photo of part of the skin after Conzerol use to proceed with the refund.
VII. Claims relating to goods
1. The store – the seller is liable to the customer – consumer under the warranty for defects to the extent specified in the Civil Code.
2. Claims and complaints should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The store undertakes to examine the complaint within 14 days.
VIII. Claims relating to the provision of services
1. The store operator takes all necessary measure to ensure trouble-free operation of the application in accordance with the latest trends in e-commerce.
2. In case of defective operation of the store, the customer should notify the seller of such irregularities. The reports can be made in writing at:
Discovery Pharma Sp. z o.o., Warsaw, ul Tamka 16/4, 00-349 Warsaw., Poland
or by e-mail at: email@example.com
3. Each claim should include the full name of the customer along with their mailing address and the description of the irregularity.
IX. Personal data protection
1. The store operator undertakes to protect the personal data of the customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 1997, and in particular not to transfer the data to third parties. The store operator undertakes to protect the personal data of the customers in accordance with the General Data Protection Resolution that came into power May 2018.
2. The personal data of the customers will be used only to the extent necessary to successfully process the orders placed in the store.
X. Final provisions
1. Any disputes that might arise between the consumer and the seller will be settled by courts in accordance with the relevant provision of the Code of Civil Procedure.
2. To all matters not settled in these terms and conditions, provisions of Civil Code, Act on Provision of Services by Electronic Means and other relevant provisions of the Polish law shall apply.